123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's Only Natural

The boy and I hit up Cleveland's Museum of Natural History last night, which is open until 10 on Wednesdays AND for only $5 per person -- holla!

I love that kind of junk -- fossils and soil samples and gem stones and such. Oh God, the gem stones! So, so lovely and such crazy names! Zoilite. Andamooka opal. Kornerupine. Grossularite. Bixbite. Potch. All of them lovely despite their silly names.

Know what else is lovely? Jewelry by the muy, muy talented and clever WendyB. I'm eyeing some of these very tasteful cuff links for the boy's upcoming birthday. I think they would actually be more for my amusement, but as they say, tis better to give than receive.

We'll see, though. To buy birthday gifts for his future birthday assumes that I'll keep him around until then. He's definitely a strong contender, but my track record with stick-to-it-iveness isn't the shiniest, I admit. And sadly, I'm not sure my Dad could really rock those cuff links, so I have to be really sure, WendyB.

But, if we make it through about six more weeks or so, he'll either get those cufflinks or a weekend at Cedar Point. Woo hoo! America's Roller Coast!

I know Ohio gets a bad rep, but, honestly, I rather like it here. I mean, we got coasters, culture, nightlife, dinosaur bones, music, an Iron Chef, and the Duct Tape Festival. What else do you need?

In the Comments section, tell me what you like about Cleveland.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:56 AM , Blogger Princess Stupidhead said...

    I don't know anything about cleveland. But I do like gemstones.

     
  • At 12:52 PM , Blogger WendyB said...

    All mud flap credit must go to gorgeous blogger Jill:http://stellasroar.blogspot.com/search/label/mud%20flap%20Jill

    Tell you what, if the guy turns out not to be cufflink worth, take 'em back and I'll turn the links into two necklaces for you!

     
  • At 4:59 PM , Anonymous P. said...

    I like that my dad's from Cleveland. He's a nice Midwestern boy.

    If you're already thinking about cufflinks, I think homeboy's got promise. Jus' sayin'. xoxoxo

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home