123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Weather Permitting

I've become preoccupied with the weather lately. Historically, I was the kind of person who just stuck my head out of the window and adjusted plans and outerwear to the conditions.

These days, I check the hourly advisories and pour over the extended 10-day forecast like it contains the meaning of life. Strange.

Well, maybe not. I've hit a kind of a stride. I guess you could call it a rut if you were feeling less generous but at least I can count on the weather to change.

Fortunately, the new boy is proving to be a comfortable match for where my head's at right now. He's a good apple. Sorry for the vagueness. I told Megan Jane I'm going to give it the "appropriate" space and energy to develop, and I've had to learn the hard way that blabbing the minutia to the Interwebnets isn't necessarily appropriate.

I should probably savor this quiet, since I've got an impending move ahead. Not far -- just a few blocks from where I am now, but you know how even a small move can shake shit up.

Speaking of shaking it, we had a random celebrity sighting in our neck of the woods. We were out to dinner at a little local place and looked over to see American Idol contestant Scott Savol. I'm not a big fan of the show, but it's always nice when local somebodies can make good.


I didn't talk to him, of course, given my track record with celebrities, but our waitress did. She reported that he was very gracious and he said he was spending his time in Nashville and was just home for a visit. So, there you go. Your daily entertainment report.

In the Comments section, tell me what the weather's like where you are. Cleveland's East side is currently enjoying mild temperatures, increasing cloud cover and a 60% chance of rain.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM , Blogger WendyB said...

    I hope you saw my recent post: http://wbjewelry.blogspot.com/2009/05/everyone-complains-about-weather.html

     
  • At 12:59 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

    Currently cloudy with a chance of meatballs.

    Sometimes, it makes sense to check the forecast. I got a call yesterday at 6 a.m. asking if I still wanted to walk. It was pouring out. In an hour, though, the day started to clear and we enjoyed a quiet, uncrowded walk through the District. I might have said "no" and missed something great.

     
  • At 4:50 PM , Anonymous Brita said...

    It's cloudy with drizzles and chills here in Denver. I'm counting down the days til the beach...

     
  • At 10:05 AM , Blogger Del-V said...

    DC is hot and muggy... just the way I like it!

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Anonymous P. said...

    Weather is overcast and humid, with a chance of rain that will make my hair look really bad before this afternoon's job interview.

    I like the sound of this boy. Tell us more when you are ready to.

    xoxo

     
  • At 7:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Ford????!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home