123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

What a Waste

Hey Innernet Friends, I have a query for you. Any ideas about green solutions for dog poop?

I already use bio-degradable bags for walks (yes, I do the doo, as it were. So should you. People who don't clean up after their dogs are worse than people who don't return their grocery carts to the corrals, and you know how much I detest those people).

But, I feel like there's a way to make it even more eco-friendly. All thoughts appreciated.

In the Comments section, aside from the obvious advice, tell me what kind of people are worse than dog owners who don't clean up after their pets.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM , Blogger WendyB said...

    Sadly, I'm not your woman. I delight in stores that still use the dreaded plastic bag -- THAT CAUSE OF ALL EVILS -- so I can reuse them for poop!

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Princess Stupidhead said...

    Yes, I guess the only solution is to reuse something - like for instance any plastic wrap or even a bread bag. You could save these things and use them again. I mean really do you want to use something you have to wash? Wait!! On that note I have a wonderful idea for a new business! How about a service much like a diaper service that actually washes doggy poop pick up thingies? You get a delivery every week and then you can keep the dirty ones in one of those smelly pails until the service comes to get them and .....

    ok, nevermind. Try reusing plastic bags maybe.

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Blogger brinki dink said...

    Unfortunately, I don't think doggy doo is compostable since it's an animal byproduct. I think biodegradable bags are the best we can do for now.

    I like Janine's idea of the diaper service!

    Because we're reseeding our backyard lawn, Kaya is on a walks only outside routine right now. It's sad, but I can predict exactly when and where she's going to poop every day. TMI?

     
  • At 3:28 PM , Blogger M@ said...

    You could scoop it into a reusable bag, which you'd run in your washing machine with a load of other nasty things... and then you could use the excrement to fertilize a community garden with locally grown organic vegetables.

    Everyone wins.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home